Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Top 10 Summer Movies

Entertainment Tonight has come out with it's top 10 summer movies of all time. Really? This is their list...I loved #1 but it's not the best summer movie ever. There are many different lists of course. I like this one because it's got trailers and clips from the movies. My #1 choice is: "Jaws" (1975): The first real summer blockbuster, so you can blame it for opening-weekend box-office becoming the be-all end-all for movies. But you must also praise Steven Spielberg's film for being flat-out great, still as suspenseful as when it opened. First movie to open all over the place on the same day, but really, who cares about the business end. Sit back and enjoy. "We're gonna need a bigger boat." And then who's to say a movie on the best summer ones of all time has to be some blockbuster? I saw "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" yesterday. As a middle aged world traveler starting to consider my retirement and old age it struck so many different chords with me. (Plus the cast rocks!)

Who's to say movies that can do THAT aren't summer blockbusters? I expect some of your thoughts or your favorite summer movies in the comments please.

No comments: